Automated Teller Machines (ATM) Safety
Automated Teller Machine (ATM) Safety
ATMs are a convenient way to get fast access to cash. Here are tips to help ensure that you and your accounts remain safe in the process.
- Always observe your surroundings as you approach an ATM machine. If anything appears to be suspicious, leave the area.
- Avoid poorly lit ATMs at night and take someone with you.
- Look for possible fraudulent devices attached to the ATM. If you suspect such a device, contact the owner of the ATM or Florence Savings Bank immediately.
- Have your card out and ready to use.
- Never accept assistance from anyone at an ATM.
- Block the view of your transactions.
- Never count your money at the ATM.
- When your transaction is complete, put your money away immediately and leave the area.
- Always take your receipt with you.
- NEVER give your PIN to anyone. This is a leading cause of theft. Not even FSB needs to know your PIN.
- Store the Bank's telephone number on your cell phone. If you lose your card or if it is retained, you will have quick, easy access to the Bank.